POSITION: Business Reporting Analyst
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting Systems
GRADE: 15 Exempt
LOCATION: Manchester, MI
The Business Reporting Analyst examines the unique needs and concerns of a business area to develop relevant practices and procedures for preparing business reports. This includes creating and maintaining efficient tools and data systems for recording data and producing relevant documentation. The business reporting analyst will train workers in the use of these tools and systems, teaching them how to prepare reports and properly utilize report data.
The business reporting analyst must have a strong background in computer science and programming to enable creating customized tools and applications to handle the specific reporting needs of the business. The business reporting analyst also needs to exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills and work directly with business and information technology workers, training them to troubleshoot issues with customized tools and software. Work with both IT departments and business project managers to find any issues with custom software, as well as propose and develop upgrades to deal with technical issues and enhance efficiency as business needs change.
• Provide analysis, design, development and testing of business reporting needs
• Handle ad hoc requests and assist business workers in understanding, developing and troubleshooting their reporting needs, including the use of reporting tools
• Define and maintain documentation to enable use of reporting tools and aid workers in developing their own business reports
• Communicate and work as a member of the Information Technology team to support the broad base of co-workers across the business, including publishing information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements
• Assist in testing and implementing reporting tools and software upgrades
• Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs
• Accumulate current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action
• Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
• Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users
• Participate in special projects or assignments
1) Monthly consolidation of Amcor Rigid Plastics Results
• Consolidate ARP results for about 15 countries with multiple legal entities / structures
• Calculate and post consolidating journal entries as needed
• Assist in verification that statistical information is properly loaded into the SAP ERP and/or SAP BPC reporting systems to allow for complete and accurate management reporting
• Extract data from SAP General Ledger and load into the SAP BPC reporting systems, and load SAP BPC data into Hyperion/HFM consolidation system.
• Field inquiries from regional and business unit teams as needed
• Support statutory reporting for interim, mid-year and year-end reporting requirements
• Maintain interface between SAP ERP and SAP BPC, complete quality checks to ensure integrity of data between various systems is maintained
• Control opening and closing of SAP ERP system calendar all through the month end close process
2) Administration of SAP BPC and SAP ERP Systems:
• Perform SAP BPC system maintenance as required including:
o Support system enhancements / implementation projects, including administration activities
o Updating of financial reports to ensure ongoing accuracy of internal and external reporting
o Assist in perform SAP-GL system maintenance as required including adding new accounts, cost centers, departments; maintaining accounting mappings to SAP-BPC reporting system from SAP-GL.
o Participation in SAP implementation projects as needed, including related to implementation of Business Objects Business Intelligence tools.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology Financial Systems
Bachelor's degree in Business Finance or Accounting with Information Technology skills
One to three years of accounting and financial reporting experience with strong IT systems aptitude. Preference will be given for candidates with strong MS Office, SAP BPC and/or Hyperion Financial Management/Enterprise experience. Experience with SAP-GL preferred.
Key Success Factors
Key success factors of this position include specific experience and expertise in the following areas:
• Strong technical aptitude related to financial reporting systems and general ledgers.
• Experience consolidating a complex, multi-location business
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or US GAAP
• Experience with foreign currency revaluations and translations
• Strong attention to detail and ownership of process
• Effective and hands on, team player and facilitator
• Ability to work cross-culturally and to effectively interface with key management
• Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet commitments
• Ability to be decisive and meet deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced setting
• High degree of integrity and ethics