Title: Mgr, Web Analytics
Other Locations: US-TX-Carrollton
Job Number: TEC00027329
The Manager of Web Analytics is responsible for the research, analysis and synthesis of information, as well as strategy development related to search engine capabilities for Tax & Accounting digital properties. The Manager, Web Analytics will work various employees across the organization (marketing, product development, and business units) to understand strategic business goals and determine and develop appropriate analytic tools and data analysis which will effectively measure and help drive site traffic, visitor activity and site conversion. The ideal candidate for this position will be outgoing, proactive, well-versed in website or marketing analytics, and able to work well in both a team and individual situation.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
* Research and analyze data and trends related to web behavior and communicate to web team, internal stakeholders and marketing executives.
* Lead tag and tracking parameter implementation for our websites and other digital properties.
* Measure site usability and effectiveness to optimize stakeholder engagement.
* Facilitate data-driven decisions throughout the organization.
* Through findings, align the organization around consistent best practices.
* Research and formulate fact based strategies related to, but not limited to, search rankings, search traffic and search best practices in a web environment.
* Through data analysis set direction, strategy, standards and guidelines for SEO.
* Keyword Research - Develop and expand keyword inventory to provide direction and insight into content development. Develop strategies to broaden keyword relevance and search term matches.
* Communicate specific SEO requirements to business/product stakeholders.
* Research, identify and establish position statements related to both onsite and third party link strategies and partnerships for link building.
* Track and analyze site performance, user behavior and conversion. Use web analytics data to further refine projects
* Apply knowledge of reporting methods and analytical skills to provide web reporting and analytical analysis for web offerings including website statistics, SEM/SEO effectiveness.
* Design and implement a web analytics strategy and process.
* Research current trends and Search Engine algorithm changes - Attend relevant conferences to gather insights from search engine representatives and professionals. Continually monitor new advancements in SEO and evaluation the risk/reward of integration.
* Experience & sound understanding of Search Engine Optimization & Internal site search optimization & Administration.
* Understand site visitor interactions and identify opportunities to increase user engagement and satisfaction
* Perform ad hoc analyses and reporting requesting
* Quickly identify cause and solutions to issues or unexpected results in reporting.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world''s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world''s most trusted news organization.
* Minimum of 5 years experience within SEO, SEM, Web Analytics or marketing analytics environment.
* Five years experience in analyzing data, preferably internet related (online traffic, click data, site optimization, etc.)
* Hands on experience with Google Analytics; experience with Coremetrics, Omniture or similar tools a plus.
* Demonstrated leadership experience of direct and indirect staff in a Web environment with time sensitive demands for analyzing trends.
* Strong project management skills and proficiency in managing multiple priorities within competing resources.
* Strong influence and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to lead and negotiate with leaders across the business.
* Strong change agent
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Bachelor's Degree required; MBA a strong plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: Technology Development