Job Number 12-0426
Title HT Fleet Mechanic B
Part Time No
Company High Transit LLC
Description Position requires knowledge and ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, replace, convert, install, maintain or repair a variety of road, industrial and construction equipment. Must be licensed to drive the above equipment. Responsible for supplying basic hand tools. Specialty tools (defined by Fleet Supervisor) will be supplied.
Fundamental job requirements which an individual must be able to perform in order to accomplish the basic duties of the job.
1. Responsible to retain and renew all certifications required for 2nd Class Fleet Mechanic status and to advance to 1st Class Fleet Mechanic.
- Federal CDL Class A drivers license
- Federal Certified Inspection license
- Class 7 State Inspection license
- Heavy Equipment Air Brake Adjustment certificate
- R12 and R134A Freon Certificate
2. Must follow all state, local, and federal regulations pertaining to equipment and fleet maintenance.
3. Must be confident and able to replace, rebuild, troubleshoot, diagnose, convert, maintain and operate various road, off road, industrial and construction equipment.
4. May be at times requested to perform or assist in road service.
5. Perform local, state and federal inspections on all types of equipment.
6. Repair and maintenance duties include: preventive maintenance on all types of equipment, brake re-conditioning, suspension repairs, replacement of seals, alternators, starters, clutch, transmissions, differentials, etc. Repairs and services will be performed on air compressors, cranes, forklifts, autos, pickups, manlifts, trucks, trailers, generators, etc.
7. Will be required at times to wash and fuel equipment.
8. At times must assume the responsibilities of ordering parts and performing any fleet related duties requested by Fleet Supervisor.
9. Maintain a clean work area.
10. Follow all safety rules and regulations.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties performed by the job which are not critical to the successful completion of the essential job functions:
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED equivalent. One year of truck tractor, trailer, heavy equipment or auto tech school and one year of fleet maintenance experience. If no technical school training, must have two years fleet maintenance experience.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Maintain Class 7 State Inspection License, Federal Commercial Drivers License Class A, Air Brake Certification within 6 months of hire, must be Federally Certified within 6 months of hire, Freon Certificate within 6 months of hire and R12 and R134A Freon Handling Certificate.