Title: M&S Applications Software Developer 2
Location: United States-Virginia-Dahlgren
Other Locations: null
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Applications Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be staffed at Northrop Grumman's campus in beautiful King George, VA which is nestled outside of Fredericksburg, VA near the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay.
This is a great opportunity to join a solid team of like-minded, dedicated and talented individuals in an environment that encourages independent thinking and problem solving. Flex your experience and creativity using leading-edge technology to make a difference in support of the warfighter. Your work on this program will help mold the future of the Navy's combat systems!
The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman''s growing Software Engineering Team supporting the Navy''s expanding Enterprise Modeling and Simulation initiatives. Technical team members will be challenged daily to analyze real-world requirements which will then be translated into a simulation that approximates actual Navy computer and radar equipment. Candidates will also need to work through unit testing and integration to verify program requirements and validate software behavior in the target environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and maintain complex real-time M&S computer programs.
* Utilize software development tracking tools that capture all new development requirements, track software defects, and update implementation status of each item
* Establish and maintain software development schedules and monitoring the technical progress of computer program modules toward these schedules
* Working with process improvement initiatives, such as Six Sigma, ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 5
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent science.
* Two (2) years experience specifically related to DoD combat system programs. Specific Navy program experience is preferred.
* Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Familiarity with Software Engineering Practices and Software Design Patterns
* Experience/Expertise in at least one object oriented language (e.g., C , C#, Java). C preferred
* Basic platform system experience (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc).
* Model Driven System Engineering (MDSE) experience
* Experience with Modeling & Simulation architectures such as DIS, HLA, or TENA
* Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.