Title: Quality Engineer
Location: North America-United States-CT-Plainville
Reports to the Focus Factory Manager and is responsible for organizing and servicing the quality needs of the manufacturing floor between engineering and operations as well as customer interface to ensure customer satisfaction. This front line professional will have direct accountability for product and process Quality in a fast paced value stream team environment. Working with a team of operations professionals utilizing a DBS (Danaher Business System) Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing mindset including the use of formal problem solving techniques to meet or exceed corporate and customer expectations while leading key quality initiatives.
* Establish and implement quality practices consistent with operation and customer requirements.
* Coordinate quality requirements between manufacturing and engineering to ensure proper launch of new products.
* Assist in developing DFMEA and PFMEA for manufacturing processes and new products.
* Utilize practical and advanced problem solving techniques to lead team in root cause analysis and resolution of complex quality issues.
* Provide Quality leadership to the Value Stream Team to insure we meet customer and quality expectations and drive continued improvement in key quality metrics.
* Develop APQP, ISIR, in support of manufacturing.
* Initiate and complete product non-conformance reports and 8D documentation for customer complaints and supplier defects. Maintain regular communication with customer regarding quality expectations and swift resolution of issues and complaints.
* Verify inspection reports and documentation requirements; review with customer inspectors as required.
* Conduct customer audits of our quality program.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; Masters preferred
Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
SPECIAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Certified ISO auditor
Certified Quality Engineer required
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments and Design for Manufacturing and Six sigma problem solving methods.