Title: Senior Engineer - Innovation
Location: North America-United States-CT-Plainville
Experienced leader in the specification, design, development, and validation of electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical sensors, sensor systems, fluidic systems and products for military, aerospace, industrial or medical markets.
* Interpret customer specifications to develop engineering and material functional requirements and fabricating technology.
* Lead the definition, design, development, modeling, testing, and validation efforts for product development.
* Comprehensive documentation responsibility including, but not limited to, generating detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, and product validation plans.
* Provide mentoring and guidance to subordinate engineering positions.
* Participate in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Action processes as required.
* Work with cross-functional departments in the efforts of product concept through production.
* Support continuous improvement initiatives.
* Develop, complete and report product validation testing.
* Provide technical leadership or project leadership for completion of assignments with design, budget and schedule limitations ensuring designs are cost effective to manufacture.
Education and Exeperience Required:
* A Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
* MBA desirable
* 8 years of experience engineering mechanical, electrical, or electro-mechanical based products for commercial and/or military markets.
* Advanced understanding and use of engineering tools such as DFMEAs, statistical engineering techniques, Design of Experiments, product capability analysis, DFM and APQP.
Special Skills/Certification Required:
* Solidworks (for Mechanical Engineering function) or OrCAD Schematic Capture (Electrical Engineering function)
* Statistical Engineering, Design of Experiments, Failure Analaysis, GD&T, DFM
* Able to work independently without supervision.
* Disciplined Project Management
* Electrical/Mechanical system integration experience
* Ability to work with global resources
* Sourcing experience a plus
* Mold Flow and FEA experience a plus
* Experience in mechanisms, machined parts and heat treatment, sheet metal, plastics, castings, molded plastic, extrusions, packaging and ergonomics
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Engineering Project Management