Title: Pharmacy Tech II (PRN, As Needed)
Location: United States-Texas-Texas City-Mainland Medical Center - Texas City
Other Locations: null
Following physicians'' orders, the Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
* Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist.
* Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
* Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
* Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
* Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
* Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
Orients and mentors staff.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Prefer 1 year of hospital related experience as a hospital technician./or equipment up to 50 lbs.
* Graduate of a Pharmacy Tech Program a plus.
* Texas State Board Certified Pharmacy Technician.
* IV sterile compounding certification.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations, computer entry, math and science background preferred.
* Good customer service skills.