Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) - Procurement Intern
Job ID: 2013-15495
# of Positions:1
Job Location:US-NJ-Upper Saddle River
Position Type:Temporary Full Time
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world''s leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
About the Program:
The Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) is a national internship program across various locations, functions, and businesses in Pearson North America. The program offers competitively compensated ten-week summer internships from June 3 - August 9, 2013 to students and recent college/university graduates (graduation date between January 2012 and June 2014).
To learn more about the Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) visit: -involved/internships/index.html
For a complete list of internship opportunities visit: -jobs-at-pearson-education/333372/?utm_source=careersite&utm_campaign=PEIP2013
To Apply: Only applications submitted to this website will be considered. If you are applying for multiple internships, you must submit a separate application for each position.
This internship is located in our Old Tappan, NJ office.
Our Procurement Department is the central strategic Purchasing Group for Pearson North America. Procurement is broken down into 4 main areas:
- DIRECT: delivering the things that Pearson need to make their products
- INDIRECT: delivering the things that Pearson employees need to do their jobs
- GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN: follows the life of Pearson products
- POLICY, PROCESS, DATA & SYSTEMS: gives employees the tools that are needed to support Pearson''s spend activity
This position is with our Procurement Department.
This position will work on a variety of Procurement projects including: Vendor Relationship Management, Vendor Registration and On-Boarding Inventory.
- Graduation date between January 2012 - June 2014
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Able to participate in ten-week internship session: June 3 - August 9, 2013
- Proper authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume
- Brave, Imaginative, Decent - Pearson''s Values
- Confident Communicator
Required Technical Skills:
- A Major or Minor in Math
- Tech Savy- Intermediate/Advanced: Microsoft/Google
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Databases/OIBEE
- Prior internship or employment experience
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- Adaptable to change
- Passionate about making a difference in education and impacting the future of global minds
Additional Skills (preferred):
- Project management experience
- Languages: Portuguese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian