Transit Client Manager
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients.
A Client Manager is responsible for achieving the successful sales performance from the accounts they are managing.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Identify and nurture client relations for new and existing accounts, continually examining the strategic value of all their accounts.
2. Develop and execute Account Plans for all of their clients (active or target).
3. Develop and execute a strategy to expand all four Lines of Business within their accounts.
4. Use all means necessary to identify and secure project opportunities.
5. Continual awareness and update of information within our MIS (Vision).
6. Act as eyes and ears for potential merger & acquisition targets as well as key hires
1. Ability to understand and clearly communicate the business development and sales objectives of the company to the CM group within their Market Sector.
2. Strong understanding of our business and the ability to create business development plans that support the objectives of the Company's Strategic Plan.
3. Strong relationship building skills that enable them to approach new clients and maintain and build existing client relationships.
4. Ability to define and solve business development and sales problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
5. Applies mature judgment to issues, takes prudent risks, gathers sufficient information, and exercises keen insight to make confident and timely decisions.
6. Able to reach win-win" agreements that meet the interests of both parties. Works well under stress and pressure, bounces back from disappointment, learns from successes and failures, maintains perspective, and is not easily discouraged in the face of adversity.
7. Bases decisions on a high standard of ethics and principles, backs up words with actions, and is scrupulously honest.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in an area related to company's business with a minimum of 10 years of management, operations, and business development experience in a transportation related professional services field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Appropriate certifications and licenses required of their applicable field of expertise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and drive a car. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Position may require frequent travel using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).