in or around Northern Michigan around near Traverse City,MI
WHY STATE FARM?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States and an insurance leader in Canada.
The same commitment to our workforce is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
* Creates, develops, administers, and maintains group and individual training for agents and agents' staff
* Assists Agency Field Office management in working with agents on a variety of issues
* Provides expertise on various software packages for use by agents and agency field offices
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
* Makes scheduled visits with agents' offices to assess training needs
* Develops basic project coordination skills and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
* Has, or obtains within 6 months of appointment, appropriate insurance/financial services licenses as required by state or province to allow various activities to support agents' with insurance and financial services products
* May provide written or verbal counsel, prepare correspondence, and/or develop presentations to/for executive levels
ITEMS OF NOTE
* Travel via commercial transportation or driving a motor vehicle to operations centers, conferences, agents' offices, etc
* Must maintain a valid license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested by State Farm
* May be required to work irregular hours
* In some states, may be required to possess an NASD Series 6 license. In addition, duties and responsibilities are limited for not possessing the license
* Must have strong desire to become State Farm Agent.
* Sales experience is preferred.The location of this position will be in or around Northern Michigan (around/near Traverse City).
Employees requesting consideration for this position may be requested to complete an authorization form allowing a background check to be completed.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
* Competitive starting salary
* Annual merit reviews
* Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(K) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our Corporate website at: