Title: Asst Branch Manager
Location: US-Michigan-Chelsea-1135 South Main Street
Job Number: 00AS0
Participate as part of sales management team in supervision, sales, and operations of a TCF office. Assume authority and responsibility for the branch as an active member of the management team. Ensure sales team promotes TCF as a full-service bank, implements new product promotion programs and provides product sales and referrals to meet targeted branch goals. Maintain a high standard of customer service and ensure accuracy of transactions processed within established guidelines.
* Share responsibility for attaining branch sales goals with management team. Responsible for staff sales motivation including branch contests and corporate sales and incentive programs. Provide coaching and work direction to branch personnel. Initiate sales to ensure achievement of targeted production goals including promotion and sales of TCF products at outside sales events. Assist manager with business development in the community.
* Resolve procedural questions referred by branch employees, interpret company policy, determine reasonableness in deviating from policy to provide equitable service to customers while maintaining a focus on branch profitability. Serve as a resource to bank personnel when dealing with difficult situations and transactions.
* Support and promptly implement products and services by participating in telemarketing or direct mail promotional programs. Cross-sell retail products and programs or services such as consumer, commercial, or mortgage loans, etc. in order to promote TCF as a full-service bank and meet targeted department and individual cross-sell and product referral goals.
* Supervise the work of all branch staff. Interview and hire new personnel, provide on-the-job training, work direction and feedback, schedule staff to ensure departments are optimally staffed, initiate disciplinary action as necessary, assess productivity, and prepare and conduct objective performance appraisals as scheduled.
* Communicate policies and procedures to personnel ensuring consistent implementation. Establish, maintain, and review accuracy of all control records. Ensure audit controls are adhered to by personnel to consistently achieve satisfactory audit ratings.
* Ensure that all ID guidelines are met, protecting customer privacy and reducing exposure to losses. Investigate and resolve special account inquires including legal transactions requiring coordination with legal counsel, internal support departments, outside attorneys and customers.
* Assist manager in all areas of the branch as required. Represent TCF in the community both to promote additional business and fulfill CRA requirements. Assume authority and responsibility for necessary management decisions.
* Effectively manage the department functions while meeting and adhering to corporate, legal, and regulatory policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding compliance. Work with the Compliance and Legal departments for overall updates, procedure changes or development, and resolution of issues.
* High school education or equivalent
* 12 months related work experience in sales, retail or financial services. Six months in a supervisory position.
* Previous experience in goal driven environment.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills.
* Proven sales record; demonstrated strong interest in sales; ability to market and sell all products and services.
* Demonstrated ability to supervise, train, coach and motivate others to obtain sales goals.
* Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to calmly diffuse and manage challenging situations.
* Basic computer skills.
* Known to be reliable, dependable and responsible.
* Four-year college degree
About TCF Bank
TCF Bank is affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. We have over 400 banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve. We are looking for employees who value honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, and putting The Customer First. If you have those traits, we invite you to apply at TCF Bank.
TCF Bank encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, and paid time off. In addition, TCF Bank also offers health care/dependent care spending accounts, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program.
Job: Branch Banking