Quality Manager (Corporate) grade 24
The Corporate Quality Manager is responsible for driving sustainable excellence in quality during the total product development and production cycle. This is accomplished by providing technical leadership within the quality discipline, driving adherence to systems, and maintaining intense customer focus. In addition, this position will be responsible for follow up and corrective action coordination of all customer related quality issues for their specific customer team.
* Interface with program and development engineering, GSCM, manufacturing plants and customer to achieve flawless quality at launch.
* Drive strict execution with discipline in AQP, NPIS, and Program Health.
* Facilitate continuous improvement activities aimed at reducing Cost of Poor Quality and improving overall process capability.
* Conduct training as required on customer specific quality requirements or use of general quality tools. Sustain customer relationships as the primary interface with customer SQA/STA.
* Monitor and manage customer scorecard performance.
* Ensure prompt response and resolution of all quality issues.
* Provide risk assessment on customer design/quality issues and submit performance reports to Director of Quality.
* Coordinate issue resolution and related corrective action reports to customers and SBU leadership.
* Drive QOS compliance through auditing and driving robust corrective actions.
* Assist in maintenance of TS16949 certification. Adhere to Tenneco EH&S policies and procedures.
* Strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
* Must have the ability to effectively deliver training at various levels in the organization.
* Knowledge of automotive OE quality systems/requirements required.
* ASQ certified quality engineer, certified quality auditor preferred.
* Bachelor''s degree in engineering, statistics, or related field.
* Minimim of five (5) years experience in automotive quality, preferably manufacturing related.
Grass Lake, Michigan, United States