SAIC is seeking a Ammunition Production Manager with an Active Secret Clearance for their location at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, Independence, Missouri.
- Provide real time analysis, oversight, and reporting on major plant functions (including production, quality, maintenance, training, and management) and key events (i.e. critical failures) for Green ammo, primers, Malfunction Investigations, 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and .50 Cal Product IPTs.
- Perform independent evaluations of technical or process problems impacting delivery of small caliber ammunition or in-process components.
- Participate in root cause analysis, provide recommendations, follow-up implementation of corrective actions, and coordinate data.
- Analyze process and equipment improvement needs and opportunities to improve product quality and/or expand individual capacity to meet funded or forecast delivery requirements.
- Review project proposals and recommend candidate projects for consideration for Army or joint funding.
- Monitor activities on Army funded projects and programs. Witness significant project events, i.e. tests of product or equipment performance, or vendor demonstrations, including those scheduled on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) weekly meetings; continuously track progress of IPT actions, and Army organizational commitments, facilitate resolution of administrative or contractual problems, and highlight unresolved issues that threaten production or project milestones.
- Participate in joint process or quality audits, verifying compliance of work practices with written procedures. Randomly verify corrective actions from prior audits. Participate in journey development of product and quality enhancements.
- Research manufacturing and product performance data for Product Manager, Small Medium Caliber, which will help evaluate or support Engineering Change Proposals, Requests for Waivers or Deviations, other proposals or compare current performance with historic experience.
- Travel to attend meetings, conferences or training on topics associated with small caliber ammunition as required and approved by Product Manager, Small Medium Caliber.
- Bachelor''s degree from an accredited university in science or management related fields
- 20 years of related experience.
- Security Clearance Required: Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of small, medium caliber ammunition production management.
- Excellent organization, communication, and writing styles the ideal candidate should have an eye for detail.
- Experience in conducting qualitative/quantitative analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company''s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting:Oct 2, 2012, 10:46:03 AM
Primary Location:United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Potential for Teleworking:No
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Shift:Yes, 10% of the time