Engineering Manager DEPARTMENT:
Pet Foods LOCATION:
Lawrence EFFECTIVE DATE:
ONLY SALARY GRADE:
Manager III FLSA:
Exempt EEO CLASS:
A2 POSITION CODE:
DESCRIBE THE BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
(Enter the description here)
Direct, manage and lead the development, design, justification and implementation of capital and R&D projects that reduce cost or improve business profitability for the Lawrence Plant. Key results include improved safety, improved product quality, lower cost, improved yield, expanded flexibility, new products and introduction of technology for competitive advantage. In case of the Engineering Manager's absence, the Plant Manager will assume these responsibilities.
DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
1. Direct and coordinate all technical service activities that maximize production reliability and flexibility while improving product quality and lowering total delivered cost.
2. Coordinate and direct preparation and administration of capital budgets. Estimate depreciation, loss on assets and project expenses. Report pertinent information to accounting as necessary.
3. Lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
4. Develop and train personnel to improve technical abilities through the organization. Procure the best value technical services from outside vendors when necessary.
5. Provide engineering expertise to support long-range facility, equipment, and technology planning.
6. Manage plant projects coordinating all aspects including design, justification, and analysis and project implementation through start-up. Meet all start-up schedules, financial commitments and expectations of manufacturing and quality assurance.
7. Ensure a safe working environment by supporting plant safety improvement and awareness efforts while complying with all applicable corporate, state, and federal regulatory guidelines.
8. Develop and manage long range facility, equipment and technology planning for competitive advantage to include a factory level network and sequel data base data collection system.
9. Review and plan energy usage and ensure that low cost options are pursued. Develop, design and implement projects that reduce energy costs.
10. Practice under Good Manufacturing Practices and regulatory Food Safety Program.
Undergraduate degree in an Engineering field or related experience
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, strategic planning, computer, presentation, verbal
and written communication skills. Proven knowledge of food manufacturing standards and government
regulations. Ability to operate independently, utilizing counsel as appropriate. Possess a thorough knowledge of
power and control systems including high voltage supply. Background in extrusion technology beneficial.
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Shift: Shift - Days
State / Province: Kansas
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit a Del Monte Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
Email A Friend