Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love to lead, and love operations, technology, and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working hard every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Vice President, Technical Operations
The Vice President, Technical Operations (Tech Ops) will build and run a dynamic a team that will support Codero-Ts fast growing hosting and cloud services business. The Vice President, Technical Operations will be responsible for delivering industry-leading service uptime, and for ensuring service continuity. This executive will own the operational design, and operation of large, geographically distributed infrastructure, and systems including data centers. The Vice President will build and run a team that ensures that Codero has the ability to reliably deliver cloud-based services on a massive scale. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for understanding and anticipating end-customer operational needs, and ensuring that Codero-Ts offerings plug seamlessly into many varied customer settings.
This individual will evaluate, procure, and integrate new technology to the overall infrastructure, based upon customer and business demands, and will ensure that these technologies and services are in-line with rapidly changing business requirements and expectations. These technologies include telecommunication services (i.e Bandwidth, etc.), software, and hardware. S/he will drive process across the organization, ensuring that industry standards are being met and exceeded, and that the organization is in compliance with customer service level agreements (SLAs). In cooperation with other functions, s/he will be responsible for Project Management on large customer roll-outs.
In addition, the Vice President of Tech Ops will:
* Work closely with the management team of Codero, particularly the CEO, COO, and SVP of Development
* Manage the overall cost structure and operational plan across all offerings to ensure that Codero can profitability and reliably deliver against customer requirements.
* Interface frequently with Codero-Ts technical tem, and collaborate with relevant hardware and software teams to leverage latest technologies inside and outside the company.
* Develop management systems and performance measurement dashboards to transparently track and report on performance.
* Deliver recommendations to drive short, medium and long-term performance operational improvements.
* Interact with customers to ensure alignment and identify gaps on project roll outs.
* Drive operational efficiency initiatives that improve profitability and customer satisfaction.
* Apply financial rigor and business acumen to all initiatives to help the management team arrive at decisions that maximize business performance.
* Provide business rationale and risk assessment for proposed investments in new headcount and/or infrastructure.
* Maintain an appropriate balance across short-term and long-term planning and resource investment.
* Provide strong leadership, develop and set individual and departmental performance goals and act as a change agent.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
* The successful candidate will be an experienced operational leader with a track record of successfully launching and running a web scale business at full operation having taken it through all key phases of growth.
* S/he has to be someone who is excited and motivated by building efficient, large scale infrastructures.
* Technically astute, and up to date on all the relevant security, networking, provisioning, and monitoring technologies as they relate to multi-tenant large scale web architectures. S/he will have a healthy dose of experience, and appreciation of both Open Source technologies, and commercial solutions.
* Leading datacenter operations teams and initiatives in a high-volume, multi-tenant highly transactional system environment.
* Designing and running highly scalable, multi-tenant and robust high availability, next generation web scale computing systems.
* Bringing up infrastructure from initial concept to full scale operations
* Driving modern provisioning, systems monitoring and alerting infrastructures, capacity planning processes, large scale data center configuration management tools, and other aspects of maintaining, managing, and growing a high scale multitenant data center infrastructure.
* Knowledge of dealing with outages, crisis management and developing remedy plan to improve the quality of the infrastructure
* Managing overall operational development efforts of a scalable, high volume web architecture.
* Managing a large-scale, 5 9s availability, hosting, and multi-tenant cloud infrastructure and application, e-commerce or financial services web site, a major Internet portal or media site, or equivalent.
* Building, scaling and leading large site operations, and 24x7 infrastructure teams, with significant experience managing the interface across operations and engineering.
* S/he will have direct, relevant experience in managing massive next generation scale out infrastructures, and will be a recognized industry leader in operations and service delivery related to complex multi-tenant web architectures.
* The successful candidate must have experience operating at a massive scale, including an enormous data center footprint. In addition, s/he will understand how to design, build and manage highly automated infrastructure environments.
* The candidate must have a passion, and an eye for automation of repetitive, and error prone processes. The candidate must have experience, and take pride in operating at 5 9 levels of reliability.
* This individual must take an extremely -ohands on-? approach, getting directly involved in the heavy lifting of bringing a new set of next generation offerings online, and at scale.
* A seasoned team-builder, this individual will have the ability to attract top technical and operational talent with similar web scale operational knowledge. S/he will be known for building, managing and motivating high performance teams of highly technical employees, setting clear objectives and rewarding outstanding performance.
* The ideal candidate will be cool under pressure and an expert in crisis management who can quickly translate learnings into operational improvements through driving root cause analysis and detailed remedy plans.
* Furthermore, s/he will be viewed as a trusted colleague and collaborator, and will be known for reaching out across organizations and functions to build support and get things done.
* · Bachelor-Ts degree in engineering desired; advanced degree preferred.
* · 5-10 years leadership experience in running technical operations teams at a leading hosting, Cloud, or SaaS provider
* · Be located in Austin or Kansas City or Phoenix
* · Managing a 24x7x365 team, requiring on call availability.
* · Operate with the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
* · In addition, the following competencies will be of key importance:
· Developing & leveraging relationships:
o Creating and cultivating networks of people across the company and industry and using them to accomplish the objective of running a highly efficient multitenant web infrastructure
o Showing wisdom in making strategic decisions and acting under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic
· Creating a vision:
o Developing a compelling view of the future operations organization of a next generation web scale business.
· Communication skills:
o Being highly articulate and able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner both to motivate the operations team, and in times of high pressure
· Analytical skill:
o Applying logic and sound reasoning to determine the facts of the case and reveal root causes
· Energy & Endurance
o Having a high capacity for work, and able to maintain performance over long stretches of time and during periods of work overload
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER