Intern/Cooperative Associate: Environmental Management - Allentown, PA (Summer)
Job Opening ID:
Return to Previous Page
PPL Corporation, headquartered in Allentown, Pa., owns or controls about 19,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States, sells energy in key U.S. markets, and delivers electricity and natural gas to about 10 million customers in the United States and the United Kingdom. More information is available at www.pplweb.com. Be sure to follow us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/pplcareersand Twitter atwww.twitter.com/pplcareers.
Environmental Management, a department within our PPL Services organization, is seeking two students to work full time (40 hours/week) during summer semester 2013, in Allentown, PA.
An Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
Position will entail:
- General support of the Environmental Management Department
- Research of Emerging Issues
- Environmental data analysis
- Environmental field work
- Environmental Management System Support
- Groundwater Modeling Support
- Regulatory/Legislative Analyses
- Technical Research
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
* Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
* Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related field.
* Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as a Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
* Have an acceptable overall grade point average, generally not lower than a 3.2.
* Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
* Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
* 18 years of age or older.
- Senior in a four/five year program or enrolled in a masters degree program
- Environmental science, Engineering or Energy Systems
- Excellent Communication and writing skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
How To Apply
* Click on Apply Now button
* Upload a new resume or select one you previously uploaded, or cut and paste a resume from a Word document
* Complete the online application.
* Click the Submit button
You can save your electronic application and come back at a later time to finish; however, you must hit Submit to actually send your completed online response.
NOTE: Once you submit your online response, you cannot go back and edit your online response or resume, nor can you re-submit for the same vacancy.