Legal Document Coders (Temporary)
Location: OR-Portland Department: Production
Job Code: 5187 Employment Duration: Temporary
Pay Range: $9.00/hour Line of Business: Legal Services
Shift: First Shift # of Openings: 6
DTI is the nation's largest independent provider of e-discovery, managed document review, facilities management and knowledge process outsourcing. DTI serves the nation's leading law firms and Fortune 500 corporations through its 28 highly secure service centers located in major cities across the United States.
We believe that we have achieved this success by providing our customers the highest level of quality and service. This reputation for quality and performance rests 100% on the efforts of our employees. In order to continue our growth and success, we must constantly look to add high-caliber individuals to our team. If you have a 'can do' attitude, together with a 'client first' set of priorities, we guarantee that we have an opportunity for you.
DTI is seeking candidates for the position of Legal Document Coder. This is a Temporary full-time position, with the possibility of permanent employment. Hours are 8:30am-5:00pm with a timeframe of approx. 2-3 months.
Position consists of reviewing and summarizing document content for relevant data, accurate data entry into a legal document database and performing quality assurance procedures. Qualified candidates will be dynamic, high integrity individuals who are adaptable and innovative, team players that enjoy the challenge of employment within a service-based environment.
• Monitor and listen to customers to understand inquiries and requests in order to provide accurate information about the facilities and services and prompt assistance.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator/computer to accurately figure time and revenue produced.
• Follow established guidelines and procedures for receiving, documenting, and organizing client packages.
• Exhibit ability to take verbal instructions while taking notes to properly produce staff copy projects.
• Accurately produce copy and print projects in accordance to verbal and written instructions.
• Ensure projects have been properly produced and Quality Checked (QC’d) to DTI’s standard.
• Ensure accurate tracking, monitoring and recording of all charges, overtime, logs and entries throughout his/her shift.
• Have direct involvement and handle complications, customer complaints as they arise such as: damaged packages, untimely deliveries and other similar situations.
• Exhibit excellence in customer service and the ability to serve others.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the industry team members may be required to work varying schedules toreflect the business needs of the firm. Positions available for 2nd, 3rd shift and weekends
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year professional level work experience in a production environment
• Some college coursework in legal studies preferred, but not required.
• Hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, but qualified candidates must be available to work overtime, as necessary – occasional evening and/or weekend hours
• Must be able to type at least 30-40 words per minute
• Must be computer proficient and be able to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment
• Previous data entry and database experience is preferred
• Applicants must be dependable, detail oriented and able to follow instructions as provided by the client
• Should have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information
• Experience using all kinds of office service equipment
• Candidates must have effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Expected to uphold the Standards of Service and best practices developed by DTI
• Be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
• Ability to learn skills quickly
• Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
• Attention to detail
• Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any “complaint” situations
• Ability to lift or move 40 lbs. or greater
• Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100lbs
• Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
• Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products pertaining to the specific position including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel etc
• Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
• Visual acuity
• Able to convey information and ideas through speech in ways that others will understand
• Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Able to speak clearly so listeners understand, identify and understand the speech of another person
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
Great Service...Great People...Great Careers...Start Here
We encourage diverse candidates to apply. DTI is an equal opportunity/AA employer. M/F/V/D