Job Description: Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS), a company of B.Braun Medical Inc., is a state licensed pharmacy also operating as a manufacturer registered with the FDA. CAPS services originate from a free-standing facility with a focus to provide daily admixing and delivery of parenteral drugs, solutions, and nutrition.
Pioneered in 1991, CAPS delivers high quality parenteral admixture services and solutions to dynamic and challenging pharmacy environments. CAPS has grown into a national network of state-licensed, FDA-registered pharmacies providing service to over 1000 hospitals and home care customers. From 25 nationwide locations, CAPS pharmacies operate 365 days a year to admix, dispense and deliver labeled patient specific and anticipatory IV prescriptions to our growing family of outsourcing partners. CAPS services allow client based pharmacists to focus less time on compounding IV solutions and more time on clinical work, while saving time and money.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Coordinator for our San Diego, CA Pharmacy. The QCC is responsible for monitoring and documenting compliance with the CAPS Continuous Quality Assessment and Improvement Program within each CAPS pharmacy.
1. Perform the Daily Compliance Verification Checklist, document the results and report to the immediate supervisor.
2. Perform laboratory testing and document results as required.
3. Perform Document review of anticipatory and as appropriate non-sterile to sterile compounding batch records:
4. Submit samples to the appropriate labs for chemical assay and microbial tests.
5. Track vendor equipment calibration and maintenance records and assess for deviations.
6. Provide investigation support and documentation for deviation and complaint reports.
7. Support in Internal & External audits
8. Maintain quality records
9. Assure facility compliance to standard operating procedures, cGMP, USP<797>.
To qualify for this position, candidates must possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in Science (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy). Minimum of 2 years experience in a QA/QC department of a pharmaceutical or Allied Health Science.
B.Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Through its Sharing ExpertiseŽ" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Job Type: Full Time - Regular