Title: Director Strategic Accounts, ASHLAND INC. Lexington, KY
Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provides specialty chemical products, services and solutions for many of the world''s most essential industries. Serving customers in more than 100 countries, it operates through five commercial units: Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients, Ashland Hercules Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials, Ashland Consumer Markets (Valvoline) and Ashland Distribution. To learn more aboutAshland, visitwww.ashland.com.
We are looking for a Director of Strategic Accounts. This position will be based in ourLexington,Kentuckyoffice. The ideal candidate will:
· Provide strategic direction, financial management and tactical execution necessary to build a customer relationship that is a mutual win for the retailer and for Valvoline. The Director is responsible for oversight of the organization's structure that achieves corporate and account financial objectives. The retail team structure conducts and manages business with strategic accounts that are of paramount importance to the growth objectives of the Do-It-Yourself SBU (Retail), Valvoline, and Ashland Inc.
· Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive strategic fiscal year sales, marketing and profit plans for an account within the DIY Team. These account plans will be consistent with retail and corporate objectives and encompass all product segments and brands.
· Review, evaluate, and approve account specific promotional programs based upon strategic fit, direction and acceptable ROI (i.e. incremental volume, costs and profit). This includes managing and negotiating the marketing and trade funding in an appropriate/effective manner that leads to an acceptable return.
· Manage and oversee the strategic business vendor relationship at all levels of both organizations. This position will drive the overall working relationships by involving all resources within both organizations in order to achieve our corporate objectives. The candidate must be able to tactfully drive, coordinate and direct the resolution of problem situations that may require higher levels of management in order to preserve, cultivate and grow the business.
· This position will serve as the conduit between Valvoline and a strategic account including such activities but not limited to the following: fact based selling platforms, category management, marketing, supply chain, trade/promotional analysis, vendor managed inventory, logistics, EDI and customer service. Success will require a great deal of communication and cooperation maximizing our internal resources in order to address the needs and opportunities that exist with our customers in the market place.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive selling strategy for the account by facilitating the appropriate pricing and trade spend to achieve Valvoline financial objectives. This strategy will incorporate business trends, economic factors, geography, SBU and account segments. The successful candidate will be able to develop articulate and implement a successful strategic plan.?
5-10 years retail selling experience. Mass merchandise experience a plus.
Solid financial and analytical skills
Comprehensive negotiating skills
Promotional and merchandising creativity
Strong people and social skills with the ability to develop relationships at all organizational levels
Employee supervisory experience
Position reports directly to Vice President of Sales - DIY Channels
Ashlandhas a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come toAshlandand stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashlandis proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please copy and paste the URL below into your address bar. This will take you toAshland''sCareerCenter. Once there, enter job number DO10084 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.