Title: HIM Specialist - St. Joseph Hospital - Lexington, KY
Conifer Health Solutions is a healthcare solutions company born from the healthcare industry. We take care of hospital business, so hospitals can focus on caring for patients. Ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with the benefits and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently seeking a HIM Specialist.
Performs clerical functions necessary to organize, maintain and use patient medical records. Will typically specialize in one or more of essential clerical functions to include knowledge and compliance with HIPAA regulations as they relate to patient information, analysis of medical records according to established standards (JCAHO) for medical record completion. Mainly involved with the process in scanning the paper record into electronic format for the electronic record. This process entails much detail as well as focusing on quality.
* Preparing the medical record for scanning.
* Scanning the medical record into electronic format.
* Checking the quality of the medical record before it is released into the electronic record.
* Knowing what certain documents are in the medical record.
* Answers the telephone.
High school diploma or equivalent.
* One year experience in medical record related field or clinical experience in a hospital setting and/or some college.
* Previous clerical experience in healthcare setting is preferred.
* Strong customer service orientation.
Commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Good communication skills, organization skills,and basic computer (keyboard) knowledge