Title: Activation Specialist, Project Access
Location: Corporate Services -- Westbury
Coordinates, implements and delivers communication and activation related to Project Access applications.
1. Coordinates with Project Access Activation and Change Management teams in developing and maintaining content for the Operations page on the Project Access intranet including:
Maintains and updates policies and guidelines as instructed for operations.
Coordinates announcements, training sessions, and special events pertaining to operations.
* Prepares educational materials and other documentation as necessary to support the operational functions of assigned sites.
2. Coordinates communication materials to various stakeholders and key groups, as appropriate, to ensure timely messaging of relevant information (i.e. system upgrades, new initiatives, etc.)
3. Collaborates in development and production of customized communication materials for end users of the Soarian/ Project Access systems including:
* Policies, procedures, guidelines.
* Job aides, educational materials.
* Alerts, modifications to workflows.
* Announcements including upgrades, system alerts, etc.
* Training schedules and email communications.
* Newsletters and bulletins.
4. Proofreads content for newsletters, emails, website, etc for grammar and accuracy.
5. Polls focus groups for feedback to improve and expand communication efforts.
6. Collaborates on implementation (roll-out) of Project Access system and applications (Soarian/GE) to assigned sites.
* Applies technical expertise in file/screen building, report writing and maintaining master files, profiles and forms.
* Develops specifications to support the design of new or modified applications.
* Serves as liaison with user-departments in the design, implementation, and modification of applications.
* Analyzes the current environment's system policies to meet Information Services and user expectations.
7. Participates in troubleshooting application problems.
* Reviews software problems, analyzes issues and develops potential solutions.
* Documents software problems, solutions and outcomes for future reference.
8. Performs related duties, as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Information Technology or related field, required AND a minimum of one (1)1 year of related communications and software applications experience in a hospital setting, required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required AND a minimum of five (5) years related communications and software application experience in a hospital setting, required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, required.
* Knowledge of medical practice or hospital registration, scheduling, billing, and admitting practices, preferred
* Knowledge of federal and state health care rules and regulations and health insurance policies and procedures, a plus.
* Uses standard project planning and problem management methodologies.