Title: Nurse Specialist, Quality- Ambulatory
Location: Corporate Services -- Manhasset
The Nurse Specialist, Ambulatory serves as a resource to both clinical and administrative staff in developing educational programs and competency assessments to meet the needs of the ambulatory patients and staff. Develops population-based disease management programs to improve the health of the communities served by the Physician and Ambulatory Network Services (PAANS).
1. Functional Components/Clinical Practice.
* Participates in evaluating and improving the quality of patient care. Utilizes interdisciplinary collaboration in the management of complex patient care problems.
* Collaborates with clinical staff and department heads to develop and implement necessary changes in practice and policies.
* Develops patient care standards and policies within ambulatory health services.
* Remains current in clinical organizations that support evidence-based ambulatory practice, e.g.,AmericanAcademyof Ambulatory Care Network (AAACN).
* Serves on PAANS, hospital and nursing committees, as needed.
* Supports educational activities pertinent to staff practices with a focus on the enhancement of patient outcomes and adherence to evidence-based practice.
* Collaborates with system nursing education resources to maximize educational and orientation opportunities for the ambulatory staff.
* Develops educational patient/family literature and tools to assist with the patient education process.
* Develops and support clinical staff orientation programs across ambulatory health services.
* Serves as preceptor to clinical staff and/or nursing orientees. Functions as a clinical resource and role model for advanced nursing practice.
* Incorporates and promotes the application of current evidence-based research concepts and clinical practice findings to improve patient outcomes and patient/staff safety.
* Participates in the evaluation of new technology and equipment pertinent to the area. Ensures necessary staff is educated in the proper use and care of the patients related to that technology.
* Participates in inter-disciplinary research.
* Initiates nursing research projects and assists other members of the nursing staff to develop research skills.
* Publish or facilitate the publication of any research conducted within the ambulatory health services.
* Provides feedback in performance evaluations of ambulatory staff.
* Provides input to promote cost containment.
* Oversees and continually evaluates the quality of newly developed or established programs.
* Master's Degree in Nursing or related field, required.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse inNew YorkState.
* Minimum of three (3) years clinically related direct patient care experience,required.
* Prior experience in teaching, program development and research, preferred.
* Maintains knowledge of developments in Federal Health Care policy, JCAHO, DOH and other regulatory requirements.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required.