Title: Supervising Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery
Location: North Shore University Hospital -- Manhasset
The mission of our Supervising Physicians Assistant is to create a positive experience for team members and patients. In this role, you must be able to schedule, assign daily duties, and assess the general performance of the Physician's Assistants in the department. You will also perform the duties of a Physician's Assistant, while maintaining a pleasant environment.
* Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner. Interviews Physician's Assistant candidates and trains new employees.
* Plans on-call and daily work schedule for the department, ensures 24/7 coverage.
* Oversees the education and training of Physician Assistants rotating in from hospitals outside the Health System. Formally evaluates students at the end of the rotation.
* Keeps abreast of current trends, quality issues and departmental affairs. Provides lectures, discussions and in-service education programs to Physician Assistants, students, residents, nurses, and ancillary personnel.
* Oversees the quality assurance initiatives for the department.
* Performs the duties of a Physician's Assistant, including the handling of the more complex, technical cases, as needed.
* Provides back-up for other medical personnel.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program, required. Masters Degree strongly preferred.
* Licensed Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education and Board Certification, required.
* Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience to ensure technical proficiency, required. Position requires strong understanding and experience of the complete Neuroscience clinical spectrum, including Neurology, Neurosurgical ICU, Neurosurgery units and O.R.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.