Tax Associate (17601)
Job Id 17601 - Posted 01/03/2013 - AccountingFinance - Americas - United States - New York - Melville
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Associate in our Melville, NY location.
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company (ranking: 133), is one of the world''s largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine''s 'Most Admired Companies''. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of electronic components, computer products, technical solutions and supply chain management services to some of the most successful companies around the world. We know that it takes dynamic and talented people to run a global business like ours. With a commitment to shared leadership, Arrow has an environment that fosters growth and development.
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Tax in preparation of federal, state and local corporate income tax returns. This requires involvement in the quarterly estimated tax payments and tax extensions, as well as tax audits and tax research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of consolidated federal and state income/franchise/LLC tax returns using OneSource income tax software.
- Computation and preparation of quarterly federal and state estimates tax payments and annual extensions.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Review and prepare responses to notices from various taxing authorities.
- Prepare and analyze certain tax account reconciliations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
* 0 to 2 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience.
* Strong Communication skills and Mathematical Skills.
* Works well in team environment.
* Experience with Excel and other Microsoft office products.
* Public accounting experience preparing federal, state and local income tax returns (Preferred)
- Master's Degree in Tax
- CPA (In Progress)
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, employee stock ownership plan, health and dental plans, 401(k).