Private Client Advisor- Wealth Management Group Full Time
Regular posted 10/04/2012
Beverly Hills, CA
The Private Client Advisor (PCA) is the initial point of contact to Bank of the West's Wealth Management clients. They specialize in working with clients who have liquid assets of $250K - $2M. The PCA is responsible for attracting, growing and retaining a portfolio of high net worth clients. They maximize client engagement by understanding the clients overall situation and providing comprehensive solutions tailored for each specific client. The PCA implements banking and lending solutions and introduces and coordinates specialists including: Mortgage Lenders, Financial Advisors, Portfolio Managers, Trust Officers, Business Bankers, Insurance Specialists as well as external advisors.
Essential Job Functions
1. Relationship Building-Acts as the main point of contact for affluent and high net worth clients. Expands client relationship through introductions to Trust Officers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Advisors, Real Estate, Tax and Estate Officers.
2. Business Development-demonstrates solid business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships with high net worth clients. Both internally within the bank and externally with centers of influence.
3. Provides Comprehensive Advice- Acts as trusted advisor. Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring needs are met by utilizing Investments, Insurance, Daily Banking, Credit or Other relevant products,in connection with client's tax, legal, and estate planning professionals.
4. Partnering- Responsible for partnering with internal and external partners to source and capture opportunities. Coordinates multiple partners to implement and monitor clients plan.
5. Client Centric- Provides clients a high level of consultative financial advice always placing the client's best interest first.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
. High School Diploma or GED required
. Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required
. Master's/Advanced Degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred
. Required license(s) or certifications FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 (or Series 66 in place of Series 63 & 65) required
. 6+ years of consumer and/or commercial credit decision making experience. 6+ years in Private Banking lending, sales and services, and portfolio management. Currently managing a portfolio of end net worth clients.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
. Solid knowledge of financial products and services for high net worth clients
. Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit, documentation and portfolio management
. Solid knowledge of brokerage and investment products
. Intermediate software application experience