Title: Driver Sr - CDL
Job Number: 017020
Under general supervision, drives delivery vehicle or operates truck trailer combination to transport both standard and non-standard width/dimension materials, supplies and equipment to and from locations and on production site, operates lift machinery to load vehicle or trailer. This position requires a CDL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Drives delivery vehicle or operates truck trailer combination (in excess of 26,001 pounds) to transport materials, supplies, and equipment to and from locations and on production site. Loads may be either standard or non-standard.
2. Operates lift machinery to load vehicle or trailer; requires calculating lift capabilities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and the foundation of the machine will not be damaged; responsible for rigging, planning and hosting a variety of heavy construction materials.
3. Maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries; may check items against invoice or bill of lading.
4. Inspects and ensures that delivery vehicles are properly maintained to ensure safety and compliance with regulatory requirements.
5. Learns and applies all safety regulations regarding vehicle operation and materials transport.
6. Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
7. May or may not assist in loading and/or unloading the smaller delivery vehicles.
8. May provide on-site customer service.
9. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
· Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction
· Ability to read and write
· Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
· Must maintain a CDL and comply with all applicable state requirements
· May require forklift certification
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and four (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must obtain and maintain a valid CDL.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITYThe work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
o Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
o May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
o Must be able to physically operate delivery vehicles (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).