Title: Platform Product Manager
Job Number: LEX007FE
The Platform Product Manager serves as a conduit between the RLS Research Information Planners, Lexis Advance Platform Planners and the GTO software development team. The Platform Product Manager translates concepts, customer imperatives and business requirements into product/feature requirements, functional and non-functional requirements and Use Cases for Lexis Advance and Shared Services. The role is involved in all phases of Requirements and Product Lifecycle management engaging a diverse set of Business groups (Product, Content, DRIVE, GPS, Legal, etc.) and Technology group defining, analyzing, managing and documenting requirements and Use Cases.
1. Work with product planning to document the feature/product''s vision and scope.
2. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis. Write requirements using standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
3. Decompose business into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements, including architecture, development and testing. Define assumptions, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as diagrams, prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
4. Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards. Participate in requirements prioritization. Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products (UX reviews, test plans) derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
5. Enter, manage and report on requirements stored in Blueprint. Define requirement attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project. Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools. 6. Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools. Implement ways to reuse requirements across features projects.
7. Manage the ongoing life cycle responsibilities for products and features. Identify ways to assist product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates - evaluate new functionality that should be applied to existing products and features.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS/BA - Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
2. 3 years Sales/Sales Operations, Business, IT/Development, Architecture, Quality Assurance or Product Management or equivalent experience
3. Knowledge of web application and development technologies, SOA applications or software development and expertise in computer hardware and software including web browsers, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word or mobile platforms and technologies
4. Strong oral, written communication skills and business acumen
5. Strong listening, situation analysis, negotiation and facilitation skills.
6. Working knowledge of BABOK and/or SWEBOK and/or TOGAF or Product Management certification or experience; expert in Use Cases, requirements definition techniques, tools and documenting business and functional requirements
7. Strong analytical, organizational and creative problem solving skills. Ability to understand problems and leverage existing assets and functionality to solve them.
8. Must be a self starter, a quick learner and a relationship builder with industry knowledge and the willingness and ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of LN products and services
9. Must have ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis? and Nexis? services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer