Title: Applications Engineer
Location: North America-United States-OH-Cleveland
Responsible for providing T&M and customer insight to help guide new product needs and definitions. Act as a summing node for world wide market and customer test requirements to drive new products. Provide a third line applications and technical support for the field. Provide presales support for strategic accounts, where it adds additional technical capability to the sale, and shows our bench depth.
* Helps define new products, working with marketing.
* Works with marketing and engineering to take the new products from inception through to a finished product, providing inputs at all stages.
* Develops software and software applications to enhance or customize products.
* Trains the field applications staff on the new products.
* Develops competitive analysis and information to assist with the marketing and sales of the new products.
* Provide technical support to customers, sales and marketing for pre and post sales activities.
* Makes technical presentations at conferences, seminars, shows and customer sites.
* Presents technical customer training courses writes technical papers for internal and external publications.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience required.
* Five or more years of experience required
* Device physics knowledge required
* Have extensive DC test and measurement knowledge
* Low current (~pA/fA) measurement skills and knowledge
* Low voltage (~nV) measurement skills and knowledge
A working knowledge of C (or other advanced programming language, eg C , C#, Java) required
A working knowledge of Labview, TestStand and Matlab required
Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally required
* Goal-oriented self driver with strong work ethic
* Strong execution skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Team player able to operative effectively across all boundaries of organizational structure
* Able to influence others to accomplish tasks
* Professional presence and appearance
IT/PC Competency Requirements:
* Microsoft-Windows/Word/Excel, etc.
* CRM/Oracle or equivalent
* Install PC-software and peripherals, advanced
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check. Tektronix is an equal opportunity employer. Tektronix does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability (if the individual can perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodation), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran''s status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For those with a qualified disability: At any time during the application process, should you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact email@example.com to request assistance. When submitting your request, please provide all relevant details in your message and the best way to contact you.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
How to Apply: Apply online.