Title: Mechanic 2
Location: United States-Georgia-Attapulgus
Job Number: 1202058
1. Recognizes and practices safe work habits in all facets of daily duties.
2. Installs, rearranges, and aligns complex equipment.
3. Diagnoses complex equipment failures.
4. Dismantles, repairs and reassembles complex equipment.
5. Performs work in the mechanic''s skill area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting and pipefitting.
Cutting welding methods include - oxyacetylene, plasma arc, shielded arc, tungsten arc, flux cored, carbon arc cutting
and gouging, and submerged arc.
6. Occasionally performs work in other trades (pipefitter, rigger, rough carpentry, machinist, etc.).
7. Completes routine paperwork as required.
8. Uses typical mechanic''s tools and inspection gages.
9. Works from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
10. Uses involved shop math.
11. Cleans debris and lubricant from parts, work area and equipment.
12. Operates production equipment to check work as required.
13. Inspects own and others work for quality and dimensional requirements.
14. Uses typical tool room inspection equipment and gages.
15. Must read, comprehend, and execute tasks and concepts found in technical operating and maintenance manuals.
16. Repairs piping and valves. Installs varying lengths of new pipe, valves, and control devices for equipment
17. Routinely rigs equipment for lifting with either hoist or cranes. Loads routinely run several thousand pounds.
18. Uses basic computer skills to access CMMS information.
1. Able to start, stop and operate all shop equipment.
2. Works with water soluble and oil-based lubricants.
3. Works on ladders, scaffolds and in pits.
4. Manually lifts 50# intermittently. Heavier parts are lifted using other methods.
· Work safely in all trades (craft) areas in noisy, dimly lit, awkward, and high areas.
· Diagnose trouble, plan and perform all mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul and
rebuild all types of difficult and complicated plant machinery and equipment, process and special equipment involving
layout and development
· Assembly work requiring a high degree of accuracy, skill, and very close tolerances that are difficult to maintain.
· Develop and interpret mechanical requirements and figure necessary dimensions.
· Improvise to make timely, sound emergency repairs
· Rework and rebuild hydraulic systems as required
· May be required to construct tools; obtain and/or return tools equipment, and supplies used on job such as taper
attachments, gas torch equipment, power hand tools, verniers, micrometers, surface, height and thread gages, gage
blocks, indicators, and sine bars.
· Keep equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition; instruct apprentices; work from ladders, elevated
places, or in pits when required; work in accordance with samples, prints, sketches, specifications, written and/or verbal
Must be a high school graduate or have GED equivalent. At least one year or equivalent of formal vocational/technical
training in industrial maintenance field with five years experience in a mechanical industrial maintenance technician''s
position. Or must possess a two-year Associate degree in industrial maintenance/technology from a technical school or
college with three years experience in a mechanical industrial maintenance technician''s position.
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard