Part-Time Combination City Driver / Dock Worker (Macon)
Requisition Number 2013-9973
Posted Date 1/30/2013
Interested in this opportunity?
* Apply Now!
Be sure to update your Employment Application by going to yourprofile page.
* Email this opportunity to a friend or colleague
Combination city driver / dock workers must be able to perform all of the duties of a city driver and a dockworker. At many locations, combination city driver / dock workers also perform the duties of road drivers and/or hostlers.
The primary functions of a Combination City Driver / Dock Worker are:
* To operate various tractor-trailer combinations or straight trucks between Company terminals or yards and customer facilities or work sites; to sort, handle, load and/or unload freight at various Company and customer locations in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
* To efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over-the-road equipment, containers, city trailers and/or straight trucks in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations.
* One-year experience driving similar equipment in various traffic and weather conditions or graduation from company approved training program.
* At least 21 years of age
* Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on state Motor Vehicle Record.
* Valid Class A CDL with doubles/triples, hazmat, and tank endorsements.
* Ability to work various shifts and days of the week.
* Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading.
* Ability to match information on freight bill with description on bill of lading.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer