Company Capital Area Health and Rehabilitation
Address 2100 E Provincial DR
Company Location Lansing, MI 48910
Capital Area Health andRehabilitationCentersets a new standard in skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. The center offers the finest in skilled nursing and post acute rehabilitation services. The 120 bed center features 44 private and 38 semi-private rooms.
We are currently interviewing for an Assistant Director of Nursing. This position coordinates all functions, activities, and training related to the Nursing department. This position assists the Director of Nursing in the overall operation of the department.
Duties of the position include:
* Coordinate and manage overall operations of the Nursing Department in accordance with Extendicare policies, nursing standards, and governmental regulations
* Oversight of the QA and Restorative programs
* Ensure that residents have a clean, comfortable, orderly, and safe environment
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
Requirements for the position:
* Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed inMichigan
* Ability to relate positively and favorably in all interactions
* Experience in performance management, effective leadership, and appropriate and constructive delegation in a long-term care / transitional care environment
* Meeting all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required, including drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry
This position offer exceptional benefits and compensation including a Free Medical Health Option starting on day one of employment.
EOE / drug free workplace
POSITION DESCRIPTION POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the DON the ADON is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of all the nursing services provided in the facility. Ensures nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations and implementation of Extendicare nursing core programs. Ensures maintenance of records and reports concerning resident care. Ensures the orientation and training of nursing services personnel. Manages the Nursing Service department within budget Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting(up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk(*) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff
1. Supervisory Responsibilities
· Makes daily work assignments.
· *Directs the work of employees.
· Schedules lunch and rest breaks
· Authorizes early departure from work.
· Authorizes overtime.
· Reassigns employees from one area to another area as facility needs dictate.
· Prepares written evaluations of assigned employees.
· Enforces facility policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action Reports as needed.
· Authority to suspend employees for rules violation.
· Initials time records to authorize variances.
· Interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility.
· Receives and handles employee complaints.
· *Participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new staff.
2. Plans, organized, directs, supervises, and evaluates all nursing services provided in the facility to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes.
3. Ensures that facility is in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Extendicare standards.
4. May direct staff in absence of the Administrator.
5. Ensures physicians make visits as required.
6. Ensures necessary equipment, supplies, and staffing are available for the delivery of the prescribed resident/patient care.
7. Completes rounds of the facility at least daily to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
8. Ensures each resident's/patient's RAI/IPOC process is carried out on a timely basis.
9. Is responsible for recruitment, training, supervision, scheduling, and personnel issues in the nursing department.
10. Ensures the maintenance of licensure status for all nursing employees.
11. Manages the nursing department budget.
12. Works with regional personnel to continuously improve the quality of resident/patient care.
13. Coordinates Infection Control, Performance Improvement, and other concurrent review functions of the facility.
14. Represents the facility in various professional and community activities.
15. Participates in marketing planning, activities, and evaluation.
16. Ensures customer service standards for the nursing department. 17. Ensures nurses administer discipline fairly and according to the handbook.
18. Ensures nurses prepare the written evaluations as required.
19. Interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility.
20. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Extendicare Health Services, Inc.'s Corporate Compliance Program.
21. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
22. *Performs physical activities including standing, lifting(up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. 23. *Attends and participates in inservice training, performance improvement(PI") committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
24. *Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled. 25. Follows facility dress and hygiene policies.
Keywords:Assitant director of nursing, ADON, Assistant Director of Nursing Services, nursing , nurse, registered nurse, RN, Healthcare, medical, medical care, geriatric, Geriatric Care, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care, LTC, Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Consultant, Clinical Leadership, Clinical Services Consultant, Director of Clinical Services, Vice President Clinical Services, VP Clinical Services