Kelly Services is seeking anR&D EH&S (Environmental Health & Safety) Compliance Associatefor our client, a global chemical company, in Midland MI. This position is a long term contract opportunity and can be extended indefinitely based on performance and business needs.
Qualified candidates outside of Midland MI area must be willing to interview and relocate at their own expense. Target start dates for most positions are 2-3 weeks post interview. Once submitted for a position, hiring managers typically interview within 5-10 business days.
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, use the “apply now” button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (email/phone); however your resume must be received via the “apply now” button included within.
The R&D EH&S Compliance Associate will perform on a daily basis:
· Collection, packaging and labeling of laboratory chemical wastes for transport and disposal;
· Managing and inspecting building waste storage areas;
· Dispensing and delivery of laboratory chemicals;
· Documenting required inspections and maintaining R&D EH&S owned files.
· Work independently or in a team work group to produce timely and reliable results while meeting all regulatory and safety requirements for the company.
This position will require a respirator to be worn and lifting up to 45lbs.
Waste Disposal and Chemical Delivery:
· Collects wastes from laboratories and process area for transportation to Central Accumulation area.
· Properly labels and prepares waste containers for shipment.
· Utilizes available resources to determine proper waste disposal methods.
· Ensures waste containers comply with federal, state, local and company regulations and requirements.
· Maintains Central Accumulation area including housekeeping, container storage, waste inventory, packaging supplies, and posting of signs.
· Completes and documents inspections of the Central Accumulation and other waste storage areas in accordance with RCRA requirements.
· Interacts with R&D personnel to plan individual and group clean-outs and projects that may involve special waste disposal activities.
· Dispenses commonly used chemicals from drums into smaller containers.
· Delivers dispensed chemicals to laboratories and common storage areas.
· Performs periodic checks of safety equipment and maintains files of required documentation. Initiates and follows through on issue resolution as needed (i.e. work order submittal and completion tracking)
· Reports task completion status to group leader
· Completes required inspections
· Assist R&D EH&S Compliance team as needed. Examples may include: procedure development, regulator and gas cylinder management, non routine packaging of large quantities (i.e. 55 gallons) of chemicals into smaller containers for disposal, empty drum recycling/disposal, and prepping pumps for repair
· Participate in various engineering and Industrial Hygiene projects. Such areas include conducting noise monitoring, lab hood air flow surveys, secondary flow indicator calibrations and local exhaust ventilation evaluations (including smoke tests).
· Assist with work process training for new Compliance Associates
· High School or some college is required. AS degree is a significant advantage.
· 0-1 years experience in a chemical related field is desired.
· Be an effective, contributing member of the team.
· High regard for individual and group safety is expected.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc.(NASDAQ:KELYA,KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly®offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting servicesas well asworld-classstaffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 550,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2011 was $5.6 billion. Visitwww.kellyservices.comandconnect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, & Twitter.Clickto download The Talent Project, our free iPad app.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly®offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
[Visitkellyservices.comand connect with us onFacebook,LinkedIn, andTwitter.
DownloadThe Talent Project, a free iPad app by Kelly Services.]
Our science specialty places professionals to a broad spectrum of industries, including biotechnology, chemical, clinical research, consumer products, biotechnology, consumer products, environmental, food sciences, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical fields.
Want More Information?