Department:Clinical Sciences Research - 3652
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
- BS degree in a scientific and/or medical discipline; MD, DO, PharmD, MSN or PhD in a scientific discipline strongly preferred
The Medical Science Liaison (RML) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the US Medical Affairs organization. RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established personal and scientific creditability to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 50%.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and establish and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs; connecting KOLs in academic and community centers.
- Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
- Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one situations
- Collaborate with the Clinical organization to enhance patient enrolment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trails by identifying appropriate clinical trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses
- Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific teams and opportunities to internal stakeholders
- BS degree in scientific and/or medical discipline required; MD, DO, PharmD, MSN or PhD strongly preferred
- 3-5 years clinical or research experience in hematology
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional networks
- Current working knowledge of US legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals
- Ability to partner and maintain relationships within the medical community
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.