SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, manage and finalize the implementation and ongoing support of the IT solutions after the implementation. This includes definition of project schedules and work plans, determining estimated resources and costs, and tracking and reporting status. The responsibilities of the Project Manager includes allocating resources, coordinating the efforts of internal and external team members and project stakeholders, mitigating risks and managing issues, and project scope. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for continuously improving our project management methodology used for implementing and supporting projects.
* Manage the budget, schedule, scope, and quality of assigned projects.
* Support the identification, evaluation, and selection of specific projects that will be selected for completion.
* Manage multiple projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
* Maintain continuous alignment of project scope with defined strategic business objectives.
* Work closely with IT managers and analysts in assigning resources to projects and establishing deadlines for their completion.
* Monitor progress of projects. Identify problems impeding progress and participate in their resolution.
* Direct project activities to maintain progress, mutual interaction, and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of failure, maximizes benefits, and restricts costs.
* Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management, IT analysts, and stakeholders.
* Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Provide motivation for participants by maintaining enthusiasm and providing positive feedback throughout each project''s life cycle.
* Maintain frequent written and verbal communications with all stakeholders and project participants, ensuring communications are precise, concise, and understood by recipients.
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
* Coach, mentor and lead project team members (IT and customers), educating each in the methodology being used and, their role in the project''s success.
* Build, develop, and grow business relationships with project stakeholders at multiple levels and multiple locations vital to the success of the project.
* Audit projects to ensure that all team members are following the standard project management process.
* Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Support continuous improvement and maintenance of project management best practices.
* Work with the IT tools and services teams to continuously improve the project management tool suite and methodologies that are utilized on projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor''s degree
* At least 5 years of experience as an IT Project Manager
* Project Management experience using Microsoft Project and/or Microsoft Project Server
* Experience with a range of Project Management Methodologies
* Experience managing a team of people
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience with project planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
* Experience with change management, project risk mitigation, and issue management
* Proven leadership skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Successful track record of managing large projects
* Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
* Prefer at least 2 years Software Development Life Cycle experience
* PMP Certification desired
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly®offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
[Visitkellyservices.comand connect with us onFacebook,LinkedIn, andTwitter.
DownloadThe Talent Project, a free iPad app by Kelly Services.]
Our IT specialty places professionals across a comprehensive scope of services, including application development and integration, data warehousing and business intelligence, software quality assurance and testing, enterprise maintenance and support, data storage, infrastructure support, disaster recovery and business continuity, and network engineering.
Want More Information?