Title: Senior Oracle DBA
Location: United States-Michigan-Lansing
Responsible for administering, analyzing, recommending, designing, developing, enhancing and supporting data structures and data processes required to meet business objectives. Contributes considerable business and technical knowledge to complex IT projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in or leads a Data Engineering Team supporting one or more application projects
* Collaborates with the Application Project manager to estimate, plan and manage the DE activities and deliverables.
* Responsible for design, development, maintenance and documentation of data flows for scheduled and straight-through processing as they relate to the database
* Engage and collaborate with the infrastructure DBA teams to ensure delivery of DB infrastructure components. Ensure integration of DE deliverables with other project deliverables.
* Understands existing and new business requirements and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate
* Maintains technical currency in database, data management, and healthcare industry trends through research/education/self-motivated training and personal development
* Mentors and educates colleagues with respect to database design and implementation practices
* Executes data model and database code reviews and provides constructive feedback and follow-up actions
* Takes initiative to modernize non-standard models, processes, and implementations
* Develops plans and milestones appropriate for completion of all work assignments
* Implement new database change requests.
* Build/upgrade and tune Oracle databases.
* Backup and restore databases as appropriate.
* Tune and resolve database performance problems.
* Effectively manage and monitor all aspects of RDBMS environments (development, test, and production).
* Develop/maintain PL/SQL packages, procedures, and functions.
* Contributes significant, new and innovative ideas to the DE knowledge base.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Computer Science or Business degree or equivalent working experience
Skills and Qualifications:
* 7-10 years'' experience in the Information Technology field with a minimum of 5 years'' experience specifically architecting or implementing database solutions
* Oracle Streams replication experience
* Oracle PL/SQL experience
* Oracle RAC experience
* Oracle GRID
* Oracle 11g running multi-servers and environments
* Excellent communication skills and works well with diverse teams or independently
* Experience with the full project lifecycle from conception to implementation & support
* Self-starter with excellent organization, planning, documentation and time management skills
* Ability to analyze business cases, extract requirements and understand business needs
* Proficiency with meta data, data modeling and data quality tools an asset
* Understands healthcare related data and data management best practices
* Experience with Multi-platform and multi-system integration
* Oracle certification preferred
* Experience with terabyte databases
OptionalExperience in Real Application Testing