Title: Bank Manager II - East Wisconsin Ave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Associated") provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Manages bank sales activities by establishing sales goals and activities to attain new customer relationships and retain existing relationships. Develops staff through ongoing coaching sessions, to ensure that all are personally committed to consistently exceeding customer expectations every time, everywhere. Plans, directs and controls bank sales office operations, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed and delegating responsibilities to staff as needed to meet office objectives. Performs all duties in accordance with the Vision and Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer's best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
CONTACTS: Maintains daily contact with bank staff, frequent internal and external customer contact. Also has frequent contact with industry and community associations in the course of developing business activities.
*In-Store Bank Manager: Participates in frequent proactive sales activity throughout the supermarket with potential customers. This includes maintaining frequent contact with supermarket managers to coordinate in-aisle selling and other activities.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Sales/Business Development 50%
- Sales Management 30%
- Bank Office/Administration Management 20%
1. Identify needs and refer customers to business Select partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
2. In consultation with the District Manager, develops and implements written short- and long-term plans for achieving branch sales, fee income and service goals. Manages sales efforts by using and reinforcing Achieving Excellence routines on a daily basis by setting individual goals and coaching sales staff. Establishes goals that are: specific and measurable for referrals that include selling and cross selling by product and transactional volumes, all with a consistent emphasis on total customer banking relationships, and truly delivering a great customer experience.
3. Selects, trains, develops, schedules, assigns work to, and reviews job performance of retail bank staff. Interviews and hires quality staff that are bright, verbal and assertive, and possess strong sales abilities.
4. Manages, directs, and participates in all bank operations to ensure all company services are made available to customers and are processed accurately and efficiently. Ensures the bank is equipped with all required supplies and promotional support to optimally sell bank products. Delegates various operational duties to the staff and assumes overall administrative responsibility for bank operations.
5. Manages client relationship development and maintenance and identifies referral opportunities throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
6. Supervises and participates in the opening and maintenance of all savings, checking, and deposit services of bank customers.
7. Meets individual sales accountability expectations.
8. Develops, maintains and cultivates community and new business contacts with important market sources to enhance bank visibility and maximize business development opportunities.
9. Prospects and counsels potential consumer and small business customers, takes applications and processes and closes loans and deposits, delivering an excellent customer experience at every point of contact. Assists consumer loan collector in maintaining office delinquency within accepted guidelines.
10. Becomes licensed in life and health insurance in order to sell appropriate customers insurance products. Licensing must take place within six months of hire date for manager position.
11. Participates in annual budget preparation for the retail bank office. Manages costs and staffing levels within approved guidelines. Makes decisions to enhance bank performance and profitability including building fee income for the bank.
12. Upholds the bank's philosophy and all policies by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization. Responsible for the understanding, knowledge and management of all required training and compliance issues (i.e. CIP, BSA).
13. Ensures the bank meets all aspects of the audit checklist. Helps Tellers and others to resolve balancing problems and authorize over/short adjustments. May be asked to represent Associated in court proceedings for collection of bad checks taken at the bank, participating with Teller Supervisor.
14. Oversees the general maintenance of the facility. Reports equipment and building status; recommends and arranges for building improvements. Maintains a neat and professional atmosphere at all times. Ensures all security procedures are strictly followed. Protects all funds, physical assets and property of the bank within budget in cooperation with Corporate Facilities and Security.
15. Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
In-Store Bank Manager (in addition to above accountabilities)
16. Actively participates in "selling" in aisles. Promotes, sells and answers questions on products and services to customers shopping in the supermarket.
17. Coaches staff in the aisles to promote the supermarket banking philosophy and to help staff assimilate to aisle selling."
18. Ensures proper staffing for all hours of operation. Recruits, hires and trains staff that embrace supermarket banking.
Traditional Bank Manager (in addition to above accountabilities)
19. Actively calls on businesses within a 3-mile radius to develop new and existing small business opportunities, to include deposit, loan, insurance and other financial service products.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Education and Experience:
A. High school diploma is required. College degree is preferred.
B. 3 or more years of progressive responsibility within a financial organization to gain the necessary experience and background to manage a branch and deal effectively with colleague and customer relations matters.
C. A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
D. A minimum of 3 years of sales experience is required.
A. A thorough knowledge of all bank products and services, including CARE Counts.
B. Complete familiarity with the bank''s savings, checking and lending policies and guidelines, as well as specific loan programs, qualifications and annuity and insurance products.
C. Ability to make confident decisions in a timely manner and communicate results to applicable parties.
D. Ability to work 40-50 hours per week with an average of 45 hours per week.
E. Strong leadership skills.
F. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
G. Proficient knowledge of all systems supporting branch operations, i.e.: security, online, TYME, etc.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to outside contacts, customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job's duties, the colleague is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit and talk or hear. The colleague is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.