Title: Process Engineer
The Process Engineer assists Operations management to establish a proactive process management approach which meets all contract limits and regulatory requirements while controlling operating costs. Focus is on wastewater operations and biosolids processing at Jones Island and South Shore treatment plants, air pollution control, and storm water management. Conducts applied studies and research, supports equipment and process troubleshooting and optimization, and carries out technical planning for capital projects and Veolia projects.
* Reviewing and evaluating process performance for wastewater treatment, air pollution control, biosolids processing and storm water management systems for optimization and improvements.
* Performing process modeling, trend process performance, use process management systems to establish a proactive process management approach and track and control operating costs.
* Performsing and/or directing process optimization projects at various levels including bench and full-scale pilot.
* Preparing or directing preparation and modification of reports, design specifications, plans and schedules for projects.
* Calculating cost and determine feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data.
* Designing systems including instruments, controls, piping, valves, machines, and mechanical or electrical systems.
* Coordinating operation and maintenance to obtain optimum utilization of systems and processes.
* Providing field evaluations and recommends operation or maintenance modifications.
* Reviewing and critiquung capital project planning and design efforts and documents.
* Promoting safety practices and procedures by training employees, reporting on unsafe conditions and by filing reports on injuries.
* Assisting in the hiring/interviewing process of department staff.
* Preparing Regulatory reports and submits them in timely manner.
* Report actual cost of goods sold and projects the annual cost.
* Bachelor's Degree required in Civil or Chemical Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* At least 5 years biological wastewater treatment process experience required.
* Engineer in Training certification or Professional Engineer registration strongly preferred.
* WI Wastewater or Water Operator Certification preferred.
* Experience in process control optimization and system design preferred.
* Requires knowledge and skills in process modeling and trend analysis
* Requires knowledge and skills in cost analysis
* Requires knowledge and skills in systems design for instruments, controls, piping, valves, machines, and mechanical or electrical systems.