Requisition Number: 8378
Job Title: Production Helper
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Manufacturing/Operations & Engineering
Company: Campbell Supply Company LLC
Business Unit / Location: Milwaukee (S.E. Wisconsin)
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, like to be challenged, and value the opportunity to make a difference.
These positions are responsible for performing the set-up, physically handling, mixing, blending, packaging product in addition to cleaning, sanitizing equipment and operating a forklift. Nature of duties requires the ability to utilize math for calculations, regular attendance and sufficient familiarity with a production environment--preferably food-processing.
1. Assemble and prepares product piping for production.
2. Manually add ingredients to tanks and vessels.
3. Operate equipment as assigned and in accordance with work instructions.
4. Maintain a clean work area according to quality guidelines including cleaning and sanitizing equipment, cleaning floors and work surfaces, cleaning overheads areas, etc.
5. Follow procedures to unload acid, caustic and yeast slurry trucks; additionally load residue trucks.
6. Maintain data on log sheets and ensure completion/accuracy of log sheets.
7. Maintain organization of all tools and equipment in work area.
8. Communicate with supervisor and relieving person as to the condition of the operation and any unusual circumstances.
9. Adhere to all safety programs, report any safety concerns to the supervisor.
10.Adhere to all HACCP/GMP program guidelines to ensure that product is of the highest quality and integrity.
11.Maintain cost-effective production output, minimizing errors.
12.Maintain inventory of key production supplies and alerting appropriate personal when inventory is getting low.
13.Perform minor preventative maintenance on production equipment.
14.Participate in plant sanitation program.
15.Additional duties as assigned.
The physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extensive standing
• Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
• Climb, balance, and squat
• Lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Manufacturing environment—conditions can be wet, and hot or cold
2+ years of demonstrated knowledge and applicable experience in a production, manufacturing or distribution field, preferably in the food-processing environment.
· Solid math and reading comprehension skills
· Previous forklift experience
· Dependable attendance record
· Effective team player and communicator
· Safety and quality conscious
Company Sponsored Relocation: No
Job Classification: Professional
Business Area: United States
Experience: Hourly position
Workplace Setting: Manufacturing facility