Title: Senior Software Engineer (Fire & Security Systems) - Milwaukee, WI
Operating independently under minimal direction, this Senior Software Development Engineer position is responsible for the development of innovative software solutions especially in the area of web application development for the Security & Fire business of Johnson Controls.
* To be part of a team working on best-in-class web application front end for a building access control system. Candidate is expected primarily to be writing code and unit tests to deliver user stories on the project.
* Conform to various software development and business processes.
* Provide direction and execution to ensure timely completion of assignments/tasks based on project plans and schedules.
* Interface with product managers as needed to identify needs and present solutions.
* Maintain a current working knowledge of industry standards, and update related to information technology and information security. Keeps current on new technologies and applies acquired knowledge to current systems where appropriate.
* Provide technical feedback, input, and consultation to other team members during system/application selection, development, and implementation, so as to ensure systems have appropriate controls and security.
* Participate and provide input on establishing software architecture, software standards and process.
* Bachelor''s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline is preferred.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years related software development experience. Minimum 2 -3 years direct experience with Microsoft .Net
* Require expertise in developing data access and web services, with good programming skills in C# and ASP.NET 4.0.
* Deep understanding around the Microsoft Application stack of ASP.Net MVC.
* Good understanding of computer security, common vulnerabilities in web applications and how to mitigate them.
* A knowledge of a distributed source control system like git is a plus.
* Candidate should have a passion for writing clean and testable code, and be competent in refactoring.
* Experience using scrum is a plus.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with strong problem solving abilities; ability to work effectively with people even under difficult circumstances. Proven ability to work with employees at all levels.
* Follows through on commitments.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and the ability to work collaboratively with user, development, and support groups. Builds collaborative relationships and contributes to the efforts and accomplishments of individuals and teams throughout the JCI organization.
* Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations. Recognizes that changes in circumstances and customer expectations alter objectives and priorities and can respond accordingly.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.