Auto req ID 13312BR
CBS Business Unit CBS Television Stations
Department / Business Unit Creative Services
Location Michigan - Southfield
Job Description Creative Services Internship: Student interns participating in this internship will have the opportunity to be involved in the following:
• Editing (topicals), station IDs and other on-air/web materials as assigned
• Shooting/assisting production of community affairs programming (both in studio and out in the field)
• Assisting in CS shoots (production assistant, pre-production, talent releases, etc. as well as casting call assistance)
• Shooting, writing, editing web diaries of station events
• Organizing/updating film and music/sfx libraries (including logs for existing tapes with no current content identification)
• Organizing syndicated programming tapes/topical feed tapes back in storage area
• Web posting updates (with guidance)
• Outside station events staffing/booth set-up (especially for spring/summer interns)
• Organizing and maintenance of the prize closet
• Other duties as they arise.
• Must be currently enrolled at a college or university and eligible to earn academic credit for the successful completion of the program.
• Ideal candidates will have a passion for television and the business of television.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, General PC experience), communication skills (both written and verbal) and be self motivated. Web experience a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels.
• Must be flexible, professional, responsible and reliable and have the maturity to be able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
• A fast learner with sharp attention to detail.
It is the continuing policy of CBS 62 & The CW50 Detroit to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Job Status Part Time