Location Sterling Heights
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
* Work with Process Engineers, Production departments, and Maintenance to evaluate controls requirements for production line improvements and modifications.
* Implement production line improvements and modifications to electrical drawings and programs.
* Practice Continuous Improvement by analyzing equipment performance and work to improve it where possible. (E.G. cycle time, false rejects, etc.)
* Assist-when asked by Maintenance-with troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
* Determine root cause(s) of persistent controls-related downtime issues that can''t be resolved by Maintenance.
* Work with outside suppliers to evaluate [their] products for use within the plant-in order to solve problems.
* Be involved and learn new processes with launch of new programs.
* Work with OEM service personnel and Maintenance to learn how to perform basic troubleshooting of their equipment.
* Update/Maintain controls drawings as appropriate.
* Revise/Update ECPL Placards as necessary.
* Support and/or manage the procurement, build, and installation of production line improvements and modifications as required. (I.E. Purchase parts, schedule build and installation, provide Start-Up support, etc.)
* Support Neighborhood Watch as required.
* Maintain/Update Operator screens.
* Modify logic for improved diagnostics and control.
* Develop MEARS projects related to Controls improvements.
* Initiate 1295 and 1296 requests.
* BS degree in engineering
* 5 plus years related experience.
* Experience in troubleshooting of machine control systems.
* Experience in CNC programming, PLCs, robot programming, ladder logic, Siemens controls strongly preferred.
* MS Degree in Electrical Engineering
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Apply to job  Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs