Requisition Number 13-0157
Title Mortgage Lead Business Systems Analyst
City Ann Arbor
Employment Type Full Time
Description Job Summary:
The Lead Business Systems Analyst is a semi-technical position which balances two sets of responsibilities. First, he or she serves as an expert business analyst, responsible for significant portions of the requirements, functional design, documentation and delivery of functionality for core IT systems supporting mortgage operations. Second, he or she is responsible for the continuous improvement of the business analysis function of the mortgage division, working with management, technology, and other business/requirements analysts to develop and implement standardized practices and processes.
The level of work is managerial in nature, and staff work under limited supervision. This position has direct reports.
Essential JOB DUTIES:
1. Support management in BA staff development, performance assessments, and assignment of responsibilities and goals.
2. Responsible for coordinating business requirement effort and practices across projects. May include risk mitigation and planning. The lead is ultimately accountable for the delivery of the requirements developed by other analysts according to the project expectations.
3. Improve and facilitate the improvement of business analysis practices in the mortgage division. Includes but is not limited to training other business analysts in appropriate techniques, methods and standards.
4. Collaborate with the business process team as needed to analyze business area processes to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate and improve processes and functions.
5. Develop and ensure adoption of usability standards and customer experience standards in all areas.
6. Understand technology trends, including web technology trends, and use this knowledge to bring solutions to the business to enhance the company's competitive edge and makes recommendations for buy vs. build decisions.
7. As needed, assist management, program/project management, and technology with vendor evaluation and recommendations.
8. Assist management, program/project management with the coordination of organization-wide technology efforts.
9. Help educate the IT organization on the direction of the business.
10. Serve as a liaison between business area(s) and the IT organization in order to provide best-in-class technical solutions to meet user needs.
11. Help negotiate agreements, commitments and signoffs by facilitating communication between the business and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
12. Analyze, optimize system designs through review and analysis of user needs in order to identify efficiencies by better using existing technology and/or new technology along with accompanying workflow/human changes.
13. As needed, iteratively develop and document functional, workflow and UI requirements at an appropriate level of detail. May include storyboards, mockups, use cases and task flows to effectively communicate design ideas and interactions based on product and business requirements.
14. Work with development team and program management to manage implementation of proposals from requirements sign-off through Development & QA cycles to production.
15. Responsible for supporting, conducting or supervising testing, potentially including UAT, on all assigned projects to ensure that finished product meets all of the requirements outlined during design phase.
16. Perform conversion of data between applications; design, develop and generate routine and ad hoc reports utilizing Excel, SQL or Access.
17. Provide technical support/analytic for software applications (data processing, reports, trouble shooting, vendor communication) in order for successful and complete utilization of technology.
18. Prepare documentation for internal and external customers. Includes but not limited to training programs, launch documentation, job aids and help.
19. Support deployment and adoption of technology and process solutions.
20. Support management in BA staff development, performance assessments, and assignment of responsibilities and goals.
21. Responsible for coordinating business requirement effort and practices across projects. May include risk mitigation and planning. The lead is ultimately accountable for the delivery of the requirements developed by other analysts according to the project expectations.
22. Perform other job-related duties as may be required.
. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
. 7+ years of professional experience in requirements analysis.
. 2-5 years of professional experience in the mortgage industry preferred.
. 2-5 years of professional experience writing user stories and use cases.
. Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
. Ability to rapidly conceptualize new designs impacting multiple platforms.
. Writing detailed functional design specifications.
. Deep understanding of business analysis methods, practices and techniques.
. Experience with process improvement.
. Demonstrated ability to apply business analysis techniques in an adaptive software lifecycle.
. Experience managing the work of business analysts.
. Creating user interface design prototypes from storyboards to interactive prototypes.
. Understanding of current Web trends, browsers, and Web usability best practices.
. Desire to significantly and positively impact a rapidly growing, forward thinking business.