Title: Orthopedic Surgeon
Location: MI-Harper Woods
Metropolitan Orthopedic Associates, P.C., a busy three-member private practice, is looking to add an associate due to an increase in patient volume. This is an immediate opportunity for an Orthopedic Surgeon to join an established practice that has been in existence for more than 30 years. The practice sees approximately 260 outpatients and 25-35 general orthopedic surgery cases per week, with the exception of spine, which is referred out. Physicians spend approximately two days in the office and two days in the operating room per week. Admissions and surgeries are done at St. John Hospital and Medical Center (a 776-bed regional-referral teaching hospital) in Detroit, MI and one other nearby hospital.
· Office has radiology and ultrasound capability, a casting room and on-site physical therapy services. Also ample parking and easy accessibility.
· Physicians round on their own patients. Call is every third week for a week at a time, and will change to every fourth week with a new associate.
· Each physician takes ER call at St. John Hospital and Medical Center for a week at a time. The practice provides ER coverage for a total of 12 weeks out of the year.
· On-site billing; payor mix consists of mostly private insurances with 25-30% being HMOs.
· Competitive salary and benefits available.
Candidates must be graduates of an accredited medical school, completed training in an accredited Orthopedic Surgery residency, meet board eligibility requirements or be board certified in specialty, and meet requirements for medical licensure to practice in Michigan. Completion of a fellowship program is optional and experience is considered a plus.