Technical Assistance/Product Information Intern
Respond to "800" automotive technical assistance line and Internet inquiries to provide customer groups with information on application coverage, automotive product line coverage, automotive product selection assistance and part number interchange.
* Identify catalog and packaging errors.
* Telephone and Internet customer service.
* Assist in updating and maintaining current databases.
* Assist in maintaining engineering print files, telephone referral lists, and an up-to-date record of service bulletins issued.
* Support cost reduction programs.
* Support Marketing and Sales by providing application coverage reports.
* Provide customer concern reports to Quality Control, Manufacturing, Engineering and Marketing.
* Accurate data entry skills.
* Ability to function well in a team atmosphere.
* Proficient in current software packages as dictated by Tenneco standards.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong personal development a plus.
* Knowledge of automotive systems is highly desirable.
* Must be pursuing a two/four year technical degree.
Monroe, Michigan, United States