Title: Consulting Contract Analyst - Cool Springs, Analytics & Pricing Services
Location: United States-Tennessee-Franklin-Corporate Cool Springs
Other Locations: null
The Analytics & Pricing Services Consulting Contract Analyst is responsible for the What-if modeling of the more advanced managed care contracts and performance of advanced ad hoc analyses as assigned by departmental director, and manager.
1. Assist in the design, development and implementation of advanced adhoc reports.
* Assist in identifying and documenting reporting requirements.
* Based on data sources identified, extract and manipulate data from databases.
* Assist with performing acceptance and QA testing as applicable.
* Review reports of Senior Financial Analyst.
2. Model more advanced managed care contracts through the Alliance for Decision Support system (ADS).
* Review models and audit work of Senior Analyst and Analyst.
* Reconcile populations for what-if negotiations with payors.
* Understand and analyze CDM price increases to determine the effect on contract modeling, negotiations, and net revenue projections.
* Organize and analyzes results data providing summary of findings Consulting FA, and Manager. Provide information related to how changes related to both CDM and rates could impact net revenue.
* Set or assist with establishing rates for contracts.
3. Completes retrospective review of contracts to analyze negotiated rate of reimbursement compared to actual net revenue results with variance explanation.
4. Completes testing of contract models by service line and keeps documentation of accuracy in permanent workpaper files.
5. Uses data mining tools to assist customers effectively with data requests.
6. Serve as liaison with the SSC/CPCM modelers, communicating contract information related to renegotiated and new contracts.
7. Provide training/education. Work with Analyst to develop documentation.
8. Maintain Managed Care MOR on a monthly basis.
9. Participate in departmental training and professional development opportunities when available.
10. Adds value to APS by producing accurate results, working efficiently, and continuing to grow in the position.
11. Other duties as assigned.
* 3-7 years of relevant work experience
* Undergraduate college degree required
* Minimum 3-7 years HCA experience preferred.
* Proven ability to manage project work.
* Required understanding of gross/net revenue, managed care payors, data availability, and HCA financial systems.
* Working knowledge of managed care contracting and modeling required.