Branch Operations Manager I - Scranton PA - Power Solutions
Requisition # 73372
REMOTE Working Remotely
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
* Experience as a lineman.
* Daily travel to site locations.
Lead the operation of a small volume distribution center in support of company goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, strategic and operations planning for the DC, including financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Provides input and feedback on all operations, processes and results to the Regional Operations Manager.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Develops a strategy that outlines the capacity planning requirements, including facilities, equipment, and staff, to meet the current and anticipated growth goals of the company. Maintains documented procedures for work processes.
* Provides clear expectations on metrics and goals to all site associates. Manages performance of DC management and associates and recognizes, trains, coaches, counsels, and takes corrective action when warranted.
* Manages dedicated delivery processes and carrier services. Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
* Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics and profits and losses to measure the performance of business.
* Maintains compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
* Manages fleet resources to meet daily customer service delivery requirements.
* Manages slotting and storage layout for optimum efficiency.
* Ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory. Ensures compliance with processes and procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
Nature and Scope
* Solutions require analysis and investigation.
* Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
* Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.