Requires 3 years of industry experience in a DBA (process) quality management role with exposure to Six Sigma, Lean, etc.; experience with basic Oracle functions (SQLPlus) and Windchill or Incident Management Reporting systems, Relational Database Experience preferred.
Should possess knowledge/experience with Info*Engine, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, and Windchill or similar.
Position may require travel to other installations.
Must be able to pass / maintain a DoD Security Clearance - active clearance is preferred.
Job Description: URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company's business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
We have an immediate requirement at the Tobyhanna Army Depot for an all-round Database Administrator. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone mid-career. You will consult on a wide-range of database and computer systems issues:
- Participate in all phases of implementation projects - will be directly involved in the development, implementation, integration, and deployment of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and related software solutions designed to optimize Product Data Management (PDM), control mission critical production processes, and improve overall product quality.
- Support the analysis and documentation of customer requirements and contributes to the design and delivery of Failure Reporting Analysis Corrective Action System database.
- Provide support in planning and testing of applications to ensure client expectations are met, installing and configuring PTC software, customization, GUI development, debugging, data migration and deployment.
- Ensure quality database / software engineering processes and/or methodologies are followed and adhered to; supports case study development and provides lessons learned feedback; develops multi-level relationships with customers and participates in cross functional design teams to understand the current business process design and the technical framework the project is embedded in, identify problems, complexities other technical design factors; participates, assists, and/or facilitates workshops/work sessions.
- Review teamwork products to ensure they are accurate and consistent and meet client requirements; provides input into future PTC software functionality, implementation methodology, and configuration standards; presents and/or facilitates training programs for Incident Reporting System to maximize transfer and retention of knowledge.
- Participates, assists, and/or facilitates workshops/work sessions including User Training for Incident Reporting System; coaches and mentors training participants; assists in the evaluation of course content and structure; provides feedback and recommendations to instructional designers.
- Provides input into future PTC software functionality, implementation methodology, and configuration standards.