id="tms_job_40">Customer Service Representative
Share this job on Twitter!
Job Description :
The NHHEAF Network Organizations are comprised of three active 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies - New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF), Granite State Management & Resources (GSM&R) and New Hampshire Higher Education Loan Corporation (NHHELCO) - which provide outstanding college access programs for New Hampshire students, families and schools. GSM&R, through NHHELCO, was awarded a contract for the servicing of federal student loans owned by the U.S. Department of Education in April 2012. The contract leverages GSM&R's operating infrastructure and its unwavering commitment to support borrowers toward successful student loan repayment.
* Respond to customer inquiries via in-bound telephone, e-mail, voicemail or mail regarding a broad range of information on federal and alternative loan accounts. Ensure that due diligence requirements are completed properly, and that accounts remain in compliance with the Federal Regulations which govern the loan programs.
* Participate in one on one walk-in service.
* Resolve borrower disputes and/or complaints in a timely, tactful, and professional manner. Escalate calls and issues, as needed.
* Ensure that borrower history is maintained currently and accurately on the servicing system.
* Perform low and high-end out-bound due diligence calls as needed to support department initiatives.
* Make customer contact by phone or via mail/e-mail to obtain delinquent payments in a professional and non-confrontational manner. Ensure that due diligence requirements are completed properly, and that accounts remain in compliance with the Federal Regulations.
* Maintain a current, general working knowledge of state and federal laws that govern the collection activities of delinquent loans.
* Counsel borrowers regarding their options to bring their accounts current, as well as the credit consequences of continued delinquency and/or default.
* Maintain a current, working knowledge of all NHHEAF Network product and service offerings, including web applications. Effectively communicate these products and services to borrowers.
* Perform skip-tracing functions in order to locate borrowers.
* Participate in internal or external training sessions and seminars as required.
REQUISITE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* High school education or the equivalent and 1 to 3 years experience in customer service or consumer collections. Bilingual a plus.
* Ability to pass a federal security clearance.
* Demonstrates professionalism to borrowers and staff.
* General analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills. Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to remain calm and composed in what can be an emotionally charged and difficult environment.Ability to apply learned business skills such as general office procedures, basic math, basic bookkeeping and data entry as well as PC literacy and computer software knowledge with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications.
* Ability to apply visual, comprehension, strong interpersonal, effective listening, problem solving, organization, analytical and customer relations skills in the performance of all essential job functions.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow verbal and written instructions required.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time and use repetitive motion of upper extremities in order to perform essential job functions.
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care -Medical (80% company paid), Delta Dental (100% company paid), Delta Vision (80% company paid), Life/LTD/AD&D (100% company paid), Fidelity 403(b) (100% company match up to 5%), Pension Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, 11 paid Holidays/Floating holidays, Earned time off.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
GSM&R participates in E-Verify
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?*--Company WebsiteMonster.comAmericas Job ExchangeNew Hampshire Employment SecurityEmployee ReferralFriend/Word of MouthCustomerFacebookTwitterLinkedInCurrent Employee / Internal Job PostingJobsinNH.comOther Job BoardOther
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address: