OB Tech II
Company: Exeter Hospital
Office Location/Dept: Family Center
Specific Schedule/Hours: nights
Provides support to the unit and direct patient care to Family Center patients.
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Licensed Nursing Assistant - N.H. state
* BCLS Certified or within 120 days of hire
* Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
* Provides personal care to patients as needed/requested.
* Performs phlebotomy for department including daily blood draws and as requested.
* Assists RN with patient care including, but not limited to, vital signs, glucose testing and setting delivery carts using sterile technique.
* Orders and maintains adequate levels of supplies for the Family Center.
* Stocks C-section room, LDRPs and pediatric patient rooms with appropriate and adequate levels of supplies.
* Ensures that C-section and LDRP rooms are set up and ready for patient use. This includes having appropriate equipment in room.
* Performs universal newborn hearing screening on infants per policy and procedure.
* Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
* Assists RN as requested.