Title: ANALYST - MERCHANDISE PLANNING & ALLOCATION
Other Locations: null
The Planning and Allocation Analyst develops, maintains, analyzes and executes chain level item plans for one or more departments. Also responsible for store allocations that account for promotional needs, seasonal builds, display requirements, and other factors. This position works directly with vendors to exchange orders, sales data and item availability information. Works directly with Buyer and Manager of Planning & Allocation on tactics to achieve strategic goals.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Chain Item Planning:
* Develop and maintain item sales and inventory plans (pre and in-season)
* Overall management and utilization of Chain Item Plan tool
* Develop item unit and dollar plans by week by chain
* Develop inventory plan by week by chain.
* Recommend changes to assortment, markdowns, markups, and to promote items based on current rate of sales and go forward plans.
* Track weekly sales performance and make adjustments to sales, forecast receipts and markdowns as needed.
* Review item plans (forecasted sales and inventory) with vendor to ensure product availability.
* Manage bottom-up reconciliation of unit plan roll-ups to department and class top down forecasts.
* Communicate inventory concerns for promotional and inline sales through the proper communication vehicles.
* Work with Forecast Team to develop consensus on go forward sales.
* Provide forecasting team with promotional forecasts for input into RDF.
* Partner with Forecasting to share new business initiatives and updates.
* Order and manage inventory investments to ensure the right product arrives in the right location in the right quantity at the right time.
* Analyze and determine allocation methods for items (Vendor to DC or Direct to Store for exceptions).
* Analyze, determine and execute initial orders for new items to include quantity and timing.
* Utilizing DCM and POM, review, maintain and execute vendor orders to ensure proper flow of product from vendor to all TRU DCs, within given Open To Buy, Weeks Of Supply, and in stock goals.
* Works directly with vendors sharing orders, information on sales plans, performance metrics, and gathering data on item availability.
* Maintain the vendor ordering calendar to optimize inbound flow of goods.
* Management of policies within DCM to achieve targeted presentation, inventory, in stock, and sales goals.
* Analyze store and DC inventory and in-stocks to ensure appropriate store replenishment; execute changes either manually or utilizing allocation tools; balance inventory via IAT when necessary.
* Collaborate with Local Market team to develop specific allocation segmentations, support critical roto and Key Item processes, and store specific merchandise requests.(bulk sales, institutional sales, etc.)
* Collaborates with Sales and Operation Team to address supply chain and system issues.
* Collaborates with Logistics Team to ensure proper prioritization of hot/ needed product.
* Manage exception reporting to ensure proper allocation down to store level.
* Work directly with merchant team (Buyers, Associates, and Buyer Assistants) to ensure that assortment plans and item eligibility directly coincide with replenishment plans.
* Working with the same team and store planning, suggest appropriate store groupings where business dictates.
* Validate presentation minimums to ensure enough inventory is available to support periodic events like end caps and feature space.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Two to four years related experience in retail planning.
* Strong analytical skills.
* High attention to detail.
* Proficient excel skills.
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to work with all levels within an organization.